Lunch: Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Number of Servings
4 Slices Whole Grain Bread
½ Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
½ Avocado, peeled, seeded and mashed
½ Cup Grape Tomatoes, halved
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 Slices Whole Grain Bread
1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 Avocado, peeled, seeded and mashed
1 Cup Grape Tomatoes, halved
4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
12 Slices Whole Grain Bread
1 1/2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 1/2 Avocados, peeled, seeded and mashed
1 1/2 Cups Grape Tomatoes, halved
6 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. In a bowl, mash avocado and spread evenly on one piece of bread per sandwich.
2. On other pieces of bread, layer cheese and then tomatoes. Top with piece of bread with avocado with avocado side facing tomatoes, creating the sandwich.
3. Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium to medium high heat. Place sandwich into skillet and cook for approx. 3-4 minutes on each side or until cheese has melted and sandwiches are golden brown.
Dinner: Basil Chicken w/Fresh Mozzarella and Vegetables
Number of Servings
2 Chicken Breasts or Thighs
1 Tbsp Fresh Basil or 1 Tbsp dried
1/2 Zucchini, sliced
1/8 tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, halved
3 oz. Marinated Artichoke Hearts, chopped
2 Slices Prosciutto or Bacon
4 Slices Fresh Mozzarella or 1 Cup Shredded
4 Chicken Breasts or Thighs
2 Tbsp Fresh Basil or 1 Tbsp dried
1 Zucchini, sliced
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Cup Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, halved
6 oz. Marinated Artichoke Hearts, chopped
4 Slices Prosciutto or Bacon
8 Slices Fresh Mozzarella or 1 Cup Shredded
6 Chicken Breasts or Thighs
3 Tbsp Fresh Basil or 1 Tbsp dried
1 1/2 Zucchini, sliced
1/3 tsp Salt
1 1/2 Cups Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, halved
9 oz. Marinated Artichoke Hearts, chopped
6 Slices Prosciutto or Bacon
12 Slices Fresh Mozzarella or 1 Cup Shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly spray baking dish w/cooking spray.
3. Add chicken to baking dish and sprinkle basil and salt evenly over each piece.
4. Top with vegetables and then prosciutto or bacon (if using bacon, cook to desired crispness and crumble over vegetables. Top with mozzarella and bake for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, cover with foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and allow it to rest for 10-15 minutes covered while rice is cooking.
Jasmine Rice w/Spinach
1. Bring water to a boil.
2. Add rice and salt.
3. Cook on low-medium, covered, for 10-15 minutes or until water is completely absorbed.
4. With heat on low, add spinach and oil.
5. Stir gently until spinach is wilted and all is mixed well.
6. Remove from heat and serve.